Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So Far, So Good

There's this girl I know, a sweet, wonderful girl, who cheers for the same team I do, that has asked me to blog a little more often. I suppose I can comply.

***

Well, the boys have finally showed up. These three games for the Wings have been the most complete games I've seen from them all year.

Every inch of the ice, the Wings are playing perfect hockey. All the big boys are playing wonderfully, and how great to see my favourite, Zetterberg (whom I've decided to dub Zetters) score two goals.

How about Commadore flying into the Wings bench on a missed hit on Cleary? I laughed out loud.

There's not really much to say about this game, except how thrilled I am to see the Wings playing so well.

***

Shame to see Ozzie lose the shutout with only 3:43 left. He was brilliant tonight. The Wizard of Oz has shown up when it matters.

***

Anyone ever notice how there's only an 'E' missing from Samuelsson's name to get the word 'useless' out of those letters? I will, from here on in, dub him 'Useless.'

***

So, I would really like to see the Sharks win tonight, the Ducks win the next game, then the Sharks win the one after that. Then I'm not sure. I don't really want the Wings to face the Ducks in the next round, but I don't really want to see the Sharks win at all. As long as that series goes long, and everybody for both teams tire themselves out, I'll be happy.

***

As I type this, Carolina has just scored with 0:00.02 seconds left, to win game four of their series, and tie it at 2-2. The only reason I have any, ANY, interest in this series, is that I have Cam Ward in my playoff pool, and he just got me two points.

***

Roy Halladay lost his first game of the season tonight. However, he should have gotten out of it with at least a no decision. Overbay, Barajas and Snider all came to the plate in the eighth with a man at third. Overbay drew a walk, so I don't blame him, but then Barajas came up with the bases loaded, and less than two outs, and lined out to Michael Young.

Ok. I'm not a major league hitter, so I can't really criticise. But you need to score that run, in a one run game in the eighth. Simply hit a fly ball into the outfield. Harder than it sounds, I know, but still, I blame Barajas for this loss.

Halladay's line: 8 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 9 K

***

This post is for you, pretty girl. Sorry it didn't say more.

Ich liebe dich.

No comments: